You may be wondering why I am calling my blog Royalty by Grace.
A few years ago, I was in a tough situation. My husband and I had just gotten engaged, my future step-daughter was adjusting to having a stepmom, I was a graduate student writing my thesis, and … I. Was. Worn.
A friend of mine heard I was struggling and called: Miss Dawn. Miss Dawn had been in a similar place in her life. While I would love to share the details of her story, it is not my story to share. The story shared with me that day, remains in my memory as if I had been there and experienced it with her. But I wasn’t. The point of her story: she is a princess. She is a princess because she is a daughter of The King. Then she shared that I am a princess too. I am also a daughter of The King.
Me, a princess! I am treasured and loved by the King of the Universe! That conversation was the beginning of my walk to find my worth in Christ. I was nothing before. Yes, I was baptized at 15. Yes, I had made the conscious decision to live my life intentionally for Jesus in my early 20’s. However, in my head, I was still scum. I had made some really poor decisions. I was nothing of value. Yet, with one conversation I became a princess, I have value in the eyes of my God.
I have reached a point in my walk where I hold my head high and tell myself I am a princess of the universe. Yes, I still make mistakes. No, I am not perfect. Yes, I am a princess, a fact that humbles me.
HOW AM I A PRINCESS?
God is King!
The Bible tells us again and again that God is The King. Here are 5 verses that tell us He is King.
Psalm 95:3 “For the LORD is a great God a great King above all gods”
Psalm 47:7 “For God is the King of all the earth; sing to Him a psalm of praise.”
Psalm 24:10 “Who is He, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty – He is the King of glory”
Isaiah 26:10 “But when grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.”
1 Timothy 6:15 – “which God will bring about in His own time – God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,”
The Bible tells us that those who have been saved and choose to follow Him are His children:
Romans 8:14-17 “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him, we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
Galatians 4:7 “So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are His child, God has made you also an heir.”
Ephesians 3: 6 “This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.”
But if we have been saved, it is by grace:
Ephesians 2:8-9 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
I am a princess because God is the King of the universe, He saved me by His grace, and since I am saved I am a co-heir with Jesus Christ. If I am an heir of the King of the universe, then I am royalty. But I am only royalty because of His grace. Therefore: Royalty by Grace.
ARE YOU A PRINCE OR PRINCESS?
I believe that to be a prince or princess of the King you must:
- Hear the message. Romans 10:17 – Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
- Believe the message. John 8:24 (spoken by Jesus) – I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am He; you will indeed die in your sins.
- Also see Hebrews 11:6
- Repent from living as the world lives. Acts 17:30 – In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent.
- Also see Acts 2:38, which also references baptism.
- Confess Jesus as you Lord and Savior. Romans 10:9 – If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Be baptized. Mark 16:16 – Whoever believes and is baptized will be save
d, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
- Also see Romans 6:3-4, which explains why we need to be baptized.
- And Colossians 2:11-15, which explains why we need to be baptized.
- Please read 1 Peter 3:19-21, which tells us that baptism saves.
- Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:19-20 for His disciples to go and baptize.
- Live for the Lord. Colossians 2: 6-7 – So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
- Also, see Revelation 2:10, Jesus tells us that if we stay faithful we will receive our crown.
Being royalty means we live for Christ. If you have obeyed the Lord and live for Him, then, in my understanding, you are royalty.
ROYALTY BY GRACE the Blog
Royalty by Grace is a blog that is meant to encourage believers, followers, and those who are still figuring it out. This blog will offer spiritual nourishment for those who desire to grow in Christ. You will also find tips for intentionally living for the king, from one-on-one relationships to serving in your community.
I am so thankful for that conversation with Miss Dawn. It was a conversation that changed my life. It helped me start to see myself the way God sees me. He sent His son to die for the cleansing of my soul, the removal of my sins, so I could spend eternity with Him. My crown was paid for with a price. That price humbles and inspires me. I love my God. This blog is His.
I hope you find Royalty by Grace helpful in your walk with the Lord. Please CONTACT ME with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. I would love to hear from you.
Have a blessed day y’all,